ROAD DIRECTIONS TO KLASERIE PRIVATE NATURE RESERVE
Johannesburg – eMakhazeni (Belfast) – Mashishing (Lydenburg) – Hoedspruit
Please phone the Lodge when you leave Dullstroom on +27 60 609 7430 and then again when you get to Hoedspruit to give us an idea when to expect you. Please note that there is an entrance fee of R100 cash at the gate.
- Use N4 – eMalahleni (Witbank) Freeway, passing eMalahleni (Witbank), through the tollgate, passing Middelburg and on to eMakhazeni (Belfast).
- At eMakhazeni (Belfast) follow the R540 to Dullstroom and Mashishing (Lydenburg).
- At Mashishing (Lydenburg) follow the R36 through to Orichstad and on the Abel Erasmus Pass through the J.G. Strydom tunnel to Hoedspruit.
Hoedspruit – Incheni Gate, Klaserie Private Nature Reserve
- Upon entering Hoedspruit, cross over the first four-way stop and Rail Bridge to the second four-way stop. Turn right here, passing on the right a small garage / shopping complex.
- Approximately 10 kilometres from this stop turn left, at the Timbavati sign. Continue past the Hoedspruit / Eastgate Airport and also, the first (Xinkankaneni Gate) Klaserie Private Nature Reserve sign on the left and, further on pass by the Thornybush / Guernsey turn off on the right.
- Cross over the Klaserie River Bridge. Directly in front of you will be the control gate into the Timbavati/Umbabat/Klaserie.
- On the right you will see a pub called Jos Macs and on the left a dirt road that is closed off by a gate. Proceed through this Gate – you will be required to sign in but will not need to pay anything. Once you are through, turn immediately left and travel back on to the dirt road (whose direct access is closed off by the gate) and proceed to Incheni Gate. From the Timbavati/Umbubat/Klaserie Gate to Incheni Gate is approx 10 min. Gate entrance fee at Incheni Gate is R100 per vehicle.
Directions from the Inchen Gate to the Game Farm
- From Incheni gate to Nzumba Lodge is 43km. Once through Incheni Gate, carry straight on the main dirt road for approx 15 min. You will see a large Vodacom cell phone tower on your right hand side. Approx 50 meters after the tower you will see a turn to your left indicating Dundee West – take that left hand turn.
- After turning left, you will travel for a further 10-15 min, crossing over a concrete causeway over the Klaserie River. You will come to a 4-way intersection with a sign indicating Dundee West. Turn right at this intersection.
- Continue straight along that road for approx 25min. You will pass a trig beacon on your left hand side and a sign that says Dundee straight. After driving approximately 5 min, you will then see that this road naturally bends sharply to the right. There is a No-Entry and Dundee North sign – follow the road to Dundee North.
- Once you have taken the right hand bend, continue for approx 10 min. You will reach a sign that says Zeekooigat left and Klaserie Camps straight – continue straight do not take the left hand bend. Continue straight on that road – you will pass through 2 small river lines. At the top of the hill after the 2nd drainage line, the road naturally bends to the left. Continue on this road, you will come to a gravel airstrip. Cross over the airstrip, the road will take you around the side of Nzumba Lodge on the left. You will reach a t-junction – turn left and this will take you to the arrival car park at Nzumba.